back to top
- Advertisement -spot_img
HomeNational NewsBuvuma Land Claimants Set for Payment

Buvuma Land Claimants Set for Payment

- Advertisement -spot_img

Hundreds of landowners and tenants in Buvuma district are finally set to receive compensation after years of delays.

The Minister of State for Lands, Dr. Sam Mayanja, together with Operation Wealth Creation officials and the State House Anti-Corruption team, met claimants at Nairambi sub-county headquarters on Monday, December 29th, 2025, to review their grievances and confirm government payments.

Dr. Mayanja told the claimants that the government had already released UGX 14 billion of the planned UGX 28 billion for compensation.

“An additional 2.5 billion has been identified. I direct that all claimants should be paid by 3rd January 2026,” he said, stressing that no one has the right to take land without consent or compensation.

Claimants gathered at the Nairambi Sub County Headquarters
Claimants gathered at the Nairambi Sub County Headquarters

Rebecca Atwiine, the Special Presidential Assistant on Anti-Corruption, assured claimants of their payment.

“The President sent me to meet you. Our investigation is ongoing. You will be paid because the money is there,” she noted.

Sylvia Muweebwa Ntambi from Operation Wealth Creation encouraged claimants to be present for verification at their bibanja.

“We want all claimants to come and be heard from their bibanja,” she said.

Ms. Sylvia Muweebwa Ntambi addressing the claimants on behalf of the office of the National Chief Coordinator for Operation Wealth Creation at Nairambi Sub County Headquarters on 30th December 2025
Ms. Sylvia Muweebwa Ntambi addressing the claimants on behalf of the office of the National Chief Coordinator for Operation Wealth Creation at Nairambi Sub County Headquarters on 30th December 2025

Local leaders, including Hon. Robert Migadde Ndugwa and District Chairperson Adrian Wasswa Ddungu, highlighted issues such as delayed payments, undervaluation, and restrictions on land use.

Hon. Migadde Robert Ndugwa the Area Member of Parliament addressing the Minister about the affected persons' claims
Hon. Migadde Robert Ndugwa, the Area Member of Parliament addressing the Minister about the affected persons’ claims

The first batch of claimants has already received UGX 7 billion, signaling tangible progress and renewed hope for the hundreds awaiting full compensation.

Holding the microphone; Robinah Nantumbwe with other claimants lining to address the MInister about their issues
Holding the microphone; Robinah Nantumbwe with other claimants lining to address the MInister about their issues

The story is written by: Wasswa Zebio, Communication Officer of Buvuma District

- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img
Stay Connected
200FansLike
150FollowersFollow
600SubscribersSubscribe
Must Read
- Advertisement -spot_img
Related News
- Advertisement -spot_img

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here